Friday, January 08, 2010

Robots Battle...or compete...either way, I WANT IN!

I love the old show "Battle Droids" and the other ones like it... it was a lot of fun to watch these guys and their remote controlled killing machines go at each other...

Now I hear these ideas are being resurrected as a teaching tool for High Schoolers... I want in!
Take me back to High School, so I can build one of these and I will die happy...

Robots will battle in Utah competition, January 7th, 2010 @ 7:25am, By Paul Nelson

"... the University of Utah will host the Regional FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Robotics Competition, where high school kids will build robots to battle it out."

"... 16 teams of 20 to 25 people will get $35,000 worth of hardware to build robots the size of refrigerators."

;)

I might have what it takes, but in reality, I don't have the time... but I will keep this blog posted...

Students gear up for robot competition - January 9th, 2010 @ 10:06pm

No comments: