Friday, October 09, 2009

April 1st comes early

I was minding my own business when I saw a news article "Barack Obama Wins the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize".
After I cleaned the Diet Dr. Pepper off my keyboard, monitor and desk, and waited for the pain from the carbonation in my sinuses to subside, I had to ask myself, "FOR WHAT?!?!"

After all, he has been in office for 10 months, and in that time, he has sent more troops into a war that isn't ours, he hasn't withdrawn our troops from Iraq, he has nearly started another cold war with Korea and Iran, and just look at the state of our country...it is ANYTHING but peaceful around here...

the Nobel Peace Prize ... committee is honoring his intentions more than his achievements.
Um... Holy Hera! You can get a Nobel Peace Prize for your "INTENTIONS"?

Well, wait a minute... what is it that they say about "good intentions"?
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
[1855 H. G. Bohn Hand-Book of Proverbs 514]
Well, I guess we must be in Hell at the moment...excuse me while I get my travel papers...


There is another article that is looking at the reactions of people to this news:
Reaction: Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize
Where one of the individuals, Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, said:
"The real question Americans are asking is, 'What has President Obama actually accomplished?' It is unfortunate that the president's star power has outshined tireless advocates who have made real achievements working towards peace and human rights. One thing is certain - President Obama won't be receiving any awards from Americans for job creation, fiscal responsibility, or backing up rhetoric with concrete action."
I'm not even a Republican, and I have to agree with this statement...

Then the DNC gets involved and calls all the Republicans "Terrorists"...
SOUNDS LIKE A WINNING PEACE STRATEGY TO ME! Don't like people's opinions, and the GOOD POINTS they have for why Obama shouldn't have won, or at least SHOULD have turned down the award...then call them Terrorists... yup, Nobel Material!

If you want to read what "normal" people are saying, look here:
Your Take » Will the Prize Lead to an Obama Backlash?
and over at SlashDot.org

(This Excerpt is provided for informational, educational, and discussion purposes only. It is Copyright "BBC", for the full article search BBC's web site or Google with the title of this article)

No comments: